A few notes on adding a domain name to Ghost.
Setting up your domain-name with ghost requires some additional steps and technicalities beyond what i found the tutorial listed at Digital Ocean describes.
Below are my installation notes to linking up my domain name with my ghost blog.
- Configure your Droplet in your networking tab following these instructions .
- Navigate to the following paths in your SSH console (i use PUTTY) and delete your server IP address and replace it with the next step:
- Enter your domain address with the precursor: http:// were the IP address was before.
Do this before you enter your domain, so that the enitre domain name looks like this in the files mentioned above: http://problemsniper.com
- Restart the droplet following Stat1k advice in the forums.
cd /var/www/ghost npm start --production
- Let the domain registrar propagate your changes. This might take a few hours.
- Ping your domain: ping yourdomain.com, to see if its reachable.
After doing this you should be all set with your domain for your Ghost blog running on Digital Ocean.
Let me know if this worked for you.
ERROR: Your site url in config.js is invalid ghost.
ghost 502 bad gateway.